Plan your Day
Where to start
If you're already dreaming about all the things you can learn about UIC, while you stroll around campus and enjoy the stunning Chicago skyline in the background, we don't blame you. But with so many great options available during the day (more than a 100 at current count), you might be wondering how you can prepare. Here are the UIC Open House pro tips:
- Use the Visit UIC Mobile App or browse the Open House Desktop Web App. Build your agenda, check out session times and descriptions, and sign up for SMS updates during the day.
- Plan to start at the UIC Forum. If you plan to arrive before 12, head over to the Forum and attend the UIC Expo, and meet with representatives from campus departments, units, and offices.
UIC ForumThose arriving after noon should check-in at Student Center East.
725 W Roosevelt Road (Corner of Halsted and Roosevelt)
Chicago, IL 60608
Google Map - UIC Forum
UIC Student Center East
750 S Halsted Street (Corner of Halsted and Taylor)
Chicago, IL 60607
Google Map - UIC Student Center East
- Go social. Follow @apply2uic on Twitter and Instagram. We’ll be posting a play-by-play of the day on Twitter. You can also share your #UICopenhouse experience using the hashtag #UICOpenhouse – we’ll be printing all instagram posts with the hashtag in the Quad so you can take those memories home with you.
What to bring
- Make your check-in a breeze. Be sure to bring your printed confirmation email that contains your QR code registration.
- Plan for Academics and Fun. Program sessions take place in our various campus locations but be prepared to also enjoy fun activities as you get there.
Parking and Travel
Complimentary parking will be available with your printed parking coupon at the following UIC Parking structures:
- If arriving before noon we recommend guests and families park in Parking Lot 5, the entrance is located at 1135 South Morgan Street.
- If arriving after noon we recommend guests and families park in the Halsted/Taylor Parking Structure, the entrance is located at 760 West Taylor Street.
Directions to campus and places to stay (be mindful of the Byrne interchange reconstruction)